To ordinary Americans, the winds that now blow downwind from society’s commanding heights make the country seem more alien than ever before. More than ever, academics, judges, the media, corporate executives, and politicians of all kinds, having arrogated moral legitimacy to their own socio-political identities, pour contempt upon the rest of America. Private as well as public life in our time is subject to their escalating insults, their unending new conditions on what one may or may not say, even on what one must say, to hold a job or otherwise to participate in society.
To use a very old saying, people who don't have the sense to pour piss out of a boot are telling normal, productive Americans what to think and how to live. While I'm using earthy imagery permit me also to point out that for a very long time those same dweebs and freaks have been pissing up our backs and telling us that it's rain. We're being called upon to accept gold-plated, revolving, free-shipping, steam-powered, fat-free flapdoodle like:
- Joe McCarthy was making it up when he warned about communists in government,
- the invasion of millions of @#$%& foreigners is good for the nation,
- Islam isn't a savage, supremacist political doctrine,
- America is a nation of immigrants,
- it's normal for a nation to move a huge chunk of its industrial capacity to the shores of a communist dictatorship,
- it's normal for a nation to import millions of low-wage foreigners to compete for jobs with Americans in a time of astronomical unemployment,
- America is a propositional nation,
- the U.S. Constitution is a "living" Constitution,
- white racism is the cause of all the woes of the colored races,
- blacks aren't filled with hatred of whites, and
- someone who can kick a field goal from the 50-yard line is a "woman."
 "The 2016 Election is Not Reversible." By Angelo Codevilla, American Greatness, 8/31/17.