August 26, 2022

Back from the Covid war games.

Three weeks ago tomorrow I started to become extremely low energy and that rapidly progressed to having extremely unpleasant muscle aches in my back. Fortunately, heavy use of ibuprofen allowed me to sleep but I also lost all appetite and dropped nine pounds just from not wanting to eat. Coffee, normally a mainstay of my routine at all hours, tasted like something out of a mud puddle after a rain.

I started to feel out of the woods by last Saturday and have had only mild lethargy at times since and a much better appetite to boot.

No vaccine for the Colonel but I'm glad for that. All told it amounted to a bad case of something flu-like but not much in the way of nasal or lung congestion. I do think I had some mild bronchitis but that's clearing up nicely.

More than you wanted to know, I'm sure. Look for more enlightened plagiarism from me as always.

3 comments:

Pascal said...

Glad it was mild for you. Starting mid July I had similar. Had 101 fever one day, bronchitis, Got z pack for 5 days. Also Ivmctn for 1 week. Lost 10-15 lbs in 5 days. Recovered rapidly shortly after beginning taking the latter.

Col. B. Bunny said...

That's quite a weight drop. I only had HCQ and zinc. A friend brought me some Ivermectin but I never felt that threatened. Glad you weathered the storm!

bluebird of bitterness said...

I got some ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine last winter because I wanted to have them on hand in case I needed them, but they're still sitting on the shelf. I was tempted to take them when I had a really bad cold, but decided to go get tested first, and the test came back negative. I found out too late that if you use a nasal irrigator, it washes away all the evidence and you can get a false negative, so I still don't know if I've had covid. Sigh...