October 17, 2021

Sam Jacobs on righteous tyranny.

The need to justify force with righteousness is not limited to wartime. Every new coercive law or regulation is justified not on the basis of “I’m strong enough to take your stuff and so I think I will,” but because “our cause is just.” While some who would take your freedom or your life are motivated by their desire for power, the most vicious monsters in human history were all motivated by righteousness. They seek to perfect creation, no matter what the cost, rather than simply acquire power for its own end - a philosophically important distinction.

It is this philosophy of using state power to impose one's morality on others that in part has made American politics such a bloodsport nowadays. If you follow the thread from the Abolitionist movement (which provided moral justification for the Union's invasion of the Confederacy) through the Temperance movement (which culminated in Prohibition) to the Progressivism movement as we detail below, you'll see why.[1]

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., said, "I like to pay taxes. With them, I buy civilization." He didn't foresee the passage of the 16th Amendment and the Supreme Court's transformation of the United States into the grotesque centralized state abomination it is now. Just this last week we had White House Occupant Joe Biden enjoining us all to pay our "fair share" of taxes, "fair" evidently meaning whatever lunatic dog's breakfast of dumb-ass government projects have been dreamed up by graduates of Swarthmore, Sarah Lawrence, and Bryn Mawr.

Having paid off my mortage a couple of years ago, the stark levy of property taxes becomes clearer and I personally get a real thrill understanding that I now have the pleasure of renting my house from Fairfax County, Virginia, for $300 a month so it can transfer that money into whatever programs of Muslim uplift and educational crimes against nature might have floated up the Potomac River during the last spring thaw. I can think of better uses for that money for sure, but I do not have that option thanks to the victory of the progressive fanatics around about a century ago.

Sam Jacobs has written an amazing article on the innate problems of grandiose reformist social dreams that have as much relation to reality as my dream last night that I was a world-famous blogger. Both he and Whitney Webb are amazing writers, both being capable of turning out the equivalent of a PhD theses on disparate topics every two weeks. I commend his most recent article to you as well as Ammo.com's Resistance Library.

Notes
[1] "Righteousness + Force in America: The Trap of Righteous Activism Coupled with State Power." By Sam Jacobs, Ammo.com, 10/13/21 (?).

No comments: