April 2, 2010

Definitely not a death cult. I see that now.

The following is from an interview with Mrs. Umm Nidal. According to her, her son, Mr. Muhammad Farhat, killed 10 Israelis and wounded “many” others in a suicide attack.
Allah be praised, I am a Muslim and I believe in Jihad. Jihad is one of the elements of the faith and this is what encouraged me to sacrifice Muhammad in Jihad for the sake of Allah. My son was not destroyed, he is not dead; he is living a happier life than I. Had my thoughts been limited to this world, I would not sacrifice Muhammad.

I am a compassionate mother to my children, and they are compassionate towards me and take care of me. Because I love my son, I encouraged him to die a martyr's death for the sake of Allah… Jihad is a religious obligation incumbent upon us, and we must carry it out. I sacrificed Muhammad as part of my obligation.
Oh KAYyyyyy.

Mrs. Nidal offers some insight into the mindset of her son:
[Muhammad] would brandish his weapon and tell me: 'Mom, this is my bride.' He loved his gun so much.
From an interview published in the London-based Arabic-language daily Al-Sharq Al-Awsat reported in "An Interview with the Mother of a Suicide Bomber." Middle East Media Research Institute, Special Dispatch No.391, 6/19/02 (emphasis added).

No comments: