June 13, 2015

Why is this difficult?

“Multiculturalism means the coexistence of Islam, Asian religions and Christianity. We will do everything to spare Hungary from that,” [Hungary's prime minister] said in an interview with the daily newspaper Napi Gazdasag. “We welcome non-Christian investors, artists, scientists; but we don’t want to mix on a mass scale.”

[Viktor] Orban, whose governing Fidesz party was losing ground in the polls to the far-right [?], anti-immigrant Jobbik party, had clashed with European counterparts over his isolationist views. At the European Parliament in mid-May, he criticized as “bordering on insanity” EU proposals for migrant quotas drafted in response to thousands of deaths among asylum-seekers trying to reach Europe across the Mediterranean in increasing numbers.[1]

An isolationist is apparently someone who doesn't think public spaces in his country should be used as latrines and for whom the prospect of Mogadishu am Danube is unappealing. I suppose the WWII Red Army was composed of isolationists as they're said to have resisted the German invasion with consider energy and unimaginable sacrifice.

By way of contrast, Western people in the main wet their pants at the thought of being submerged in a tidal wave of foreigners. With joy, of course, not out of fear.

Our work is done.
What else can one say but that we are a weak, vagified, maudlin, brain-dead, contemptible civilization?
Notes
[1] “MULTICULTI ENDING.” By Chris Brand, IQ & PC, 6/9/15.

1 comment:

Dymphna said...

You know what the most dangerous part of this website is? The quagmire - far more than merely a "blogroll" - you maintain on the right side of the page (where else?). I always end up getting lost for way too long.

I used to spend a lot of time recovering from being blindsided by whatever latest perfid, say Benghazi.. These days I sit in my foxhole and tend the small garden I've put in this year. A strawbale garden, which has the virtue of being necessarily small as well as self-destructing.

Some days I look for answers...ask myself why it had to end up this way. Occasionally I come across a writer - usually obscure - who is willing to tell me WHY. Fred Siegel is one. Another is his predecessor, J. L. Talmon. Siegel is ill and won't be with us much longer (where have all the scholars gone, gone to bookyards, every one). Talmon is too long gone to be referred to as "the late". But I found a book of his:

"The Myth of Nation and Vision of Revolution – The Origins of Ideological Polarization in the 20th Century", 1981

As far as I can tell, his books are still available here and there. If we survive, who knows? Some scholarly publishing house may revive his work.

I cannot bear to think our work is done - one must have a project or cease to exist - so I find people who are doing real work. Ann Corcoran is one of those:

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/

Day in, day out she chronicles the lawlessness. And after all these years, people are beginning to pay attention. But even if they don't she'll still be there. Look at the top post:

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2015/06/14/invasion-of-europe-continues-unabated-as-thousands-come-through-the-western-balkans/

I shall have to steal it, of course.

And the one before that:

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2015/06/13/christians-in-iraq-utter-desperate-plea-to-the-west-destroy-isis-or-open-your-doors-and-save-us/

Ann is on my most-admired list. No drama, no fits. Just an ongoing chronicle of what's happening without any real hope of being heard. Camus would have admired her.

I am planning to interview her. But first I have to buy her book to prepare...and it's not even listed on her site.
He also wrote, among many other books, "Totalitarian Democracy" - the mention of which I found in Siegel's work. Carolyn Glick had used the term in an essay, but without giving any reference to it as a book title - so of course I thought her terminology brilliant but when I found the book, oh my.

I don't think Glick intended to mislead. Talmon won awards in his time - in his homeland, Israel. So she presumed anyone reading her would know the reference.

Now, having earned enough credit card points, I am buying his

"The Myth of Nation and Vision of Revolution – The Origins of Ideological Polarization in the 20th Century" (1981)