Ponder that title for a moment and axe yourself if that is anywhere close to what you think the reality is in America today. Still, Yahoo, in front of God and man, presents the above is as an honest contribution to our national political debate.
Since (but not including) 9/11/01:
Extremists who are white -- committed 48 killings in the U.S.
Extremists who are Muslims (self-proclaimed jihadists) -- committed 26 killings.
Population of U.S. -- 322 million.
Whites in U.S. -- 224 million.
Muslims in U.S. -- 2.6 million.
Killings per million white persons (48/224) -- 0.21.
Killings per million Muslims (26/2.6) -- 10.0.
"Muslim extremist" killings exceed white "extremist" killings -- factor of 47.6 (10/0.21).
A useful comparison: Homicides in Chicago 1/1/15-10/3/15 -- 397.
Black killings: 307 black victims, 66 black assailants.Thus, looking at different time periods and different populations but calculating rates per population within those periods the same way, we see that:
Blacks in Chicago 32.9% of 2.7 million in 2010 -- 0.89 million.
Black killings in Chicago per million blacks (307/0.89) -- 344.94.
White killings: 15 white victims, 7 white assailants.
Whites in Chicago 45.0% of 2.7 million in 2010 -- 1.22 million.
White killings in Chicago per million whites (15/1.22) -- 12.30.
Black Chicago killings exceed no. of white killings -- factor of 28.04 (344.94/12.30).
Nationwide: Rate of Muslim killings per million Muslims compared to white killings: 47.6.Ergo,
Chicago: Rate of black killings per million blacks compared to white killings: 28.04.
- White supremacy is a bigger problem than Muslim supremacy.
- Black Lies Matter.
- CEO: Steve Coll, staff writer with The New Yorker magazine.
- Chairman of the Board: Chairman & CEO of Google, Eric Schmidt.
- Board member: James Fallows
- Board member: Francis Fukuyama
- Board member: Walter Russell Mead
- Board member: Steven Rattner
- Board member: Jonathan Soros
- Board member: Fareed Zakaria
- Grant: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Grant: William and Flora Hewlett Foundation.
- Grant: W. Clement and Jessie V. Stone Foundation.
- Donation: Arizona State University.
- Donation: David and Lucile Packard Foundation.
- Donation: Pew Charitable Trusts.
- Donation: John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
- Donation: Foundation to Promote Open Society.
- Donation: Google.
- Donation: Charles Stewart Mott Foundation.
- Donation: The New York Community Trust.
- Donation: Open Society Institute.
- Donation: The Pew Charitable Trusts.
- Donation: US Department of State.
Instead of a picture of a white guy carrying the Confederate Battle Flag, Yahoo could have chosen this one as an honest attempt to identify the problem for us:
Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to catch up on the latest in our dishonest, undeclared, unconstitutional war on Bashar al-Assad, the number ONE threat to the security of the United States and THE WORLD. After Barack Hussein Obama.
 If you add in the 2,977 deaths from the day before the New America Foundation chose as the beginning period of its "analysis," this figure jumps from 47.6 to 5,500.0.
 Down from 91.7% of Chicago population in 1940.
 See note 1.