Why [don’t] Trump, Carson, Cruise, and Rubio, rent a building somewhere for a debate and invite the media to cover it. Sell 30 second advertising slots to each network for 150,000 a whack[?] Have Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin handle the questioning.Ultraright is on the right track here.
But no. When voters are interested in hearing about solutions to the nation's problems there's just nothing like "war on women" and "deporting anchor babies with terminal cancer" questions to liven up the debate for ratings. That's what debates are for. To play "gotcha," inject telegenic young lawyers into presidential politics, advance the progressive agenda, and sell advertising.
Couldn't Brian Lamb periodically come out of retirement and fix this? The man was decent and fair in his treatment of people on his C-SPAN shows.
The GOP insists on doing its deer-in-the-headlights imitation every bleeping time and dumps the whole debate process into the laps of progressives and intellectual nonentities. Guaranteed. Who was Candy Crowley anyway?
Without fail we have presidential "debates" that do not bring up
- odiferous Supreme Court decisions (such as the long-ago disastrous expansion of the scope of the Commerce Clause that twisted the Constitution into a pretzel and handed a blank check to Congress to expand the size of the federal government to the roof tops),
- vote fraud,
- the role of big donors in the political process,
- the role of the Federal Reserve,
- Keynesian economics,
- the inability of the U.S. government to control spending and federal debt,
- the judicial doctrine of original intent,
- waging undeclared war in Syria,
- the unconstitutional Department of Education and the EPA,
- U.S. support for ISIS,
- the role of Saudi money in American politics,
- importing foreigners to take the jobs of Americans,
- the U.S. government's employment of members of the Muslim Brotherhood,
- Hillary Clinton's employment of a woman with ties to Saudi Arabia and the Muslim Brotherhood,
- the sharia's requirement of death for apostasy and how that is consistent with our belief in freedom of conscience,
- the shariah requirement for supremacy over infidel law and how a Muslim can swear truthfully in a naturalization proceeding,
- ending affirmative discrimination,
- stopping not expanding all immigration,
- black racism and criminality,
- welfare parasitism as a formula for national suicide,
- the devastation of our cities by the black underclass, and
- how free speech can be protected against the assaults of homosexual zealots and progressives.
 Comment by ultraright on "Rush Limbaugh Taken Back By Caller’s ‘Brilliant Point’: ‘Wait a Second…You Are Spot On Here.’" By Oliver Darcy, The Blaze, 11/3/15.